It’s been nearly 3 years since the release of To The Sea... and the wait is over! Jack and the band have spent the last few weeks working on a new album in the Mango Tree studio with Mario Caldato (producer of On and On and In Between Dreams). Stay tuned for more exciting news.
To celebrate Earth Day 2013, the Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation will match up to $25,000 in donations to “green” classroom projects on DonorsChoose.org, an online charity that makes it easy to support public school students in need. Projects qualifying for this offer focus on reducing waste and single-use plastics in schools and communities across the country.
The Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation was founded by Jack and Kim Johnson to support environmental, art, and music education worldwide. Leading up to Earth Day, the Foundation aims to leverage community support for classroom projects, and to encourage environmental stewardship through youth activities focused on recycling, waste reduction, and creative “upcycling” and plastic-free initiatives.
The Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation will fund 50% of qualifying waste reduction and plastic-free projects, but only if people like you help contribute the rest. The project started on April 11, every donation made to these classrooms will have double the impact! Learn more and view selected classroom projects at DonorsChoose.org/EarthDay2013.
Late last year, Jack spent a few days at the Brushfire Record’s Studio, the Solar Powered Plastic Plant, producing a new EP for good friend and label mate G. Love.
“We had a great couple days recording some solo acoustic tracks and Jack lent his hand and voice to a couple. We all really dug this track "Early Risin". - G. Love
The EP was available exclusively on Record Store Day on 10" VInyl and has been limited to 2000 pieces. You can hear “Early Rising”, one of 6 tracks over at rollingstone.com here, and if there are any copies left you can pick one up at a participating Record Store Day store near you.
Join Jack and other Farm Aid supporters in wishing Willie Nelson a happy 80th birthday!
Farm Aid is gathering up good wishes for Willie Nelson from America’s family farmers, artists and from all of us who eat. Join Farm Aid in honoring Willie’s extraordinary leadership in championing the value of family farming in America. They’ll round up the funniest, most heartwarming testimonials to make a video for Willie on his big day on April 30th!
Visit http://happybirthdaywillie.org to participate.
Farm Aid is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to keep family farmers on their land. Willie Nelson, Neil Young and John Mellencamp organized the first Farm Aid concert in 1985 to raise awareness about the loss of family farms and to raise funds to keep farm families on their land. Dave Matthews joined the Farm Aid Board of Directors in 2001 and to date Farm Aid has raised more than $43 million to promote a strong and resilient family farm system of agriculture.
Congratulations to Emmett Malloy, Jack’s great friend, manager and co founder of Brushfire Records for his recent GRAMMY win! Emmett won a GRAMMY for the Best Long Form Video for his film Big Easy Express. Indie folk heroes Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Tennessee’s Old Crow Medicine Show, and Britain’s acclaimed Mumford & Sons, climbed aboard a beautiful train in California, setting out for New Orleans, Louisiana on a “tour of dreams”. The resulting film from this journey is nothing short of magical.
“Being on an vintage train, riding the rails through the heart of America took us all back in time a bit. It was easy to get lost and imagine that we were just there for the fun of it all. Rolling along with your friends and playing music because you loved it. Our cameras were there to participate in the journey and never get in the way of the moving train.” - Emmett Malloy
- 11-27-12 - Holiday Specials On Sale Now!
- 11-27-12 - Jack Johnson Upcycled T-shirt Contest Wrap Up
- 11-27-12 - Jack makes a cameo on the Just Label It video
- 11-14-12 - Upcycled T-shirt Contest Auctions Begins
- 11-08-12 - Jack Johnson Donates $50,000 to Sandy Recovery Efforts
- 11-08-12 - JACK JOHNSON SUPPORTS RELIEF & RECOVERY EFFORTS FOR HURRICANE SANDY
- 11-05-12 - Get Out and Vote Tuesday, November 6th!
- 11-05-12 - Jack and G. Love for Sierra Club
- 09-25-12 - Register to Vote!
- 09-18-12 - Jack Johnson Upcycled T-shirt Contest, Vote Now for your Favorite Design!
- 09-18-12 - Jack and the band to play Rock the Vote Show Tomorrow!
- 09-18-12 - Farm Aid 2012 is Sold Out, Special Behind-the-Scenes Webcast to Air on www.farmaid.org
- 09-04-12 - Enter the Jack Johnson Upcycled T-shirt Contest!
- 09-04-12 - Help Farm Aid Fight the Good Fight and Rock the Vote Shows
- 09-04-12 - All At Once - An Individual Action, Multiplied by Millions, Creates Global Change
- 09-04-12 - Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation Supports Green Classrooms!
- 09-04-12 - Invest in Change Through ioby’s Back To School Match.
- 06-04-12 - Hawaiian Islands Tour Photos
- 06-04-12 - Jack and Paula Sing For Kokua Hawaii Foundation Volunteers & Local Farmer’s Market
- 06-04-12 - Mana Maoli Album Supports Hawaii Charter Schools
- 06-04-12 - ALO’s New Album In Stores Now
- 06-04-12 - Jack Joins Other Musicians to Oppose Illegal Logging
- 05-17-12 - Check out CNN’s piece on Jack’s Best of Kokua CD!
- 05-11-12 - Best of Kokua Festival podcast - part 5
- 05-09-12 - ALO’s Sounds Like This on iTunes!
- 05-09-12 - Best of Kokua Festival podcast - part 4
- 05-04-12 - Best of Kokua Festival podcast - part 3
- 05-04-12 - Best of Kokua Festival podcast - part 2
- 05-02-12 - Hawaiian Islands Tour Concludes
- 05-02-12 - Jack, Paula & John Spread Aloha to Local Green Schools in Hawaii
- 05-02-12 - Best of Kokua Festival podcast - part 1
- 05-02-12 - Jack to Receive National Conservation Achievement Award
- 05-02-12 - Double Your Impact with DonorsChoose.org
- 05-02-12 - New Brushfire Records Website
- 04-18-12 - Jack Johnson & Friends - Best of Kokua Festival Out Now!
- 04-18-12 - Jack’s Hawaii Tour Starts Thursday!
- 04-18-12 - Best of Kokua Festival Auction a HUGE Success!
- 04-18-12 - Jack Honored to perform for His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- 04-18-12 - DonorsChoose.org Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation Challenge Live!
- 04-03-12 - Best of Kokua Festival Benefit Auction Starts Today!
- 04-03-12 - Rolling Stone Video Premiere
- 04-03-12 - Preorder “Jack Johnson and Friends - Best of Kokua Festival” Today!
- 04-03-12 - The Dalai Lama visits Hawaii, Jack to Perform at Pillars of Peace Event
- 04-03-12 - DonorsChoose.org and the Johnson Ohana Charitable Foundation
- 04-03-12 - Support the Japan Environmental Action Network’s Marine Debris Clean-up Efforts
- 03-15-12 - Jack’s Hawaiian Islands Tour is SOLD OUT!
- 03-15-12 - “Mudfootball” live with Jack, G. Love and Ozomatli
- 03-15-12 - Best of Kokua Festival Photos Albums
- 03-15-12 - Preorder “Jack Johnson and Friends - Best of Kokua Festival” Today!
- 03-03-12 - An acoustic evening with Jack Johnson, John Cruz & Paula Fuga, tickets available online tomorrow!
- 03-01-12 - Hawaii Tour Onsale & Best of Kokua Festival Presale
- 11-16-11 - This Warm December Out Now!
- 11-11-11 - “In the Morning” Video Premiere
- 11-09-11 - “In The Morning” Jack’s New Holiday Song & Video Premiere
- 11-09-11 - Bridge School Benefit Concert CD and DVD
- 11-09-11 - Jack and his wife Kim to host live Q&A about “Bag It”
- 11-09-11 - The Kukui Cup: Lights Off, Game On!
- 08-15-11 - Jack Donates $30,000 to Famine Relief Efforts During Month Of Giving
- 08-15-11 - European To The Sea Tour Finale
- 08-15-11 - Brushfire Record’s Zach Rogue and Zee Avi latest projects!
- 08-15-11 - Jack Johnson does his part for famine relief
- 08-15-11 - Jack Johnson Announces Donation of $30,000 for Famine Relief in East Africa
- 08-01-11 - Thank You From Jack